2018 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Installation Instructions
1. Remove passenger seat exposing two knurled nuts
2. Remove nuts and place supplied bracket over existing studs
3. Reinstall nuts (you may have to pull up on studs if they slip down)
4. Put passenger seat back on.
5. Install new backrest in the bracket and ride safe!
(if upright is loose put one piece of electrical tape around tongue and reinstall)
perfect fit, great product,highly recommended.
I have a reach seat which puts me 2 inches closer to the handlebars, so the backrest was not positioned forward enough to use. I did use the bracket which worked out perfectly when combined with a monkey rigged back rest, so it worked out great for me. I was not able to find a back rest that would work with this bike and job bracket did, so I am very happy.!
I bought this backrest, mainly because Harley Davidson did not offer a Drivers Backrest for the factory seat on my 2020 Heritage. I wanted a drivers backrest Now and did not want the expense of buying another expensive seat that accommodated a drivers backrest like Harley normally expects people to do. Logged over 600 miles so far with backrest, really do like it, and so does my wife. Glad I bought one.