07-UP Harley Davidson Heritage Softail or Fatboy Installation Instructions
1. Remove passenger seat exposing two knurled nuts
2. Remove nuts and place supplied bracket over existing studs
3. Reinstall nuts (you may have to pull up on studs if they slip down)
4. Put passenger seat back on.
5. Install new backrest in the bracket and ride safe!
(if upright is loose put one piece of electrical tape around tongue and reinstall)
Install is about as easy as they come. I feel no fatigue at all now when riding my softail. One thing to note, as a taller guy (6'3) I do sit slightly forward more which makes my foot controls feel slightly awkward. I believe I can remedy this by playing with the angle of the seat.
Ordered this for my 2010 CVO Convertible and it fit perfectly . No drilling bending removed two thumb screws no modifications required. The material matched existing leather. Rode a 100 miles don’t know how I rode without it . A lot better option to purchasing a new seat and back rest for $650 to $800.
Quality is very nice and it feels great on the lower back. However, the angle that the two pieces go together prevents the cushion arm from being fully seated