07-UP Harley Davidson Heritage Softail or Fatboy Installation Instructions
1. Remove passenger seat exposing two knurled nuts
2. Remove nuts and place supplied bracket over existing studs
3. Reinstall nuts (you may have to pull up on studs if they slip down)
4. Put passenger seat back on.
5. Install new backrest in the bracket and ride safe!
(if upright is loose put one piece of electrical tape around tongue and reinstall)
So far it is great, just as advertised. But, it’s cold in Colorado and I’ve ridden only twice, hence 4 rating. If spring tension doesn’t weaken after riding a while I’d rate it a 5.
Mounting bracket was a bit difficult to secure to the bike.. concave shape of bracket did not fit neatly on fender. Required some bending to have enough bolt through the bracket to start the nuts.
Install is about as easy as they come. I feel no fatigue at all now when riding my softail. One thing to note, as a taller guy (6'3) I do sit slightly forward more which makes my foot controls feel slightly awkward. I believe I can remedy this by playing with the angle of the seat.