Honda Shadow Spirit 1997-UP Installation Instructions
1. Remove passenger seat
2. Remove two bolts that holds down the driver's seat then remove the seat
3. Flip drivers seat over exposing the three bolts that secure the mounting bracket, remove bracket
4. Place supplied bracket over middle hole seat firmly!
5. Reinstall bracket and driver seat
6. Reinstall passenger seat it will be tight
7. Slide backrest into sleeve and enjoy
Posted by William McDurmon on 24th Apr 2017
just what the doctor ordered. Install was simple and the driver's backrest does exactly what it is suppose to do ..save my back!
Posted by Ron Chiasson, Portland, CT. on 10th Jun 2012
Delivery was fast. It only took 20 minutes to install. (I could have done it quicker, but I wasted 5 minutes looking for some flat washers to shim the driver's seat mounting braket so it'd bolt back onto the seat flush.) I really like it, but wish the mounting bracket could be a bit stiffer. It flexes a little too much for my complete comfort. I realize though, that the limiting factor here is the location of the seat mount and a lack of other supporting hardware nearby.