Yamaha 1600/1700 Roadstar Installation Instructions
1. Remove passenger seat
2. Loosen two rear bolts on passenger mounting bracket
3. Remove front bolt on passenger mounting bracket
4. Place supplied bracket under existing bracket and reinstall bolt
5. Reinstall passenger seat (may be a tight fit)
6. Slide backrest into bracket Ride Safe!
(If backrest is loose simply wrap a piece of electrical tape around the tongue)
I bought this backrest summer of 2018 for my 04 Roadstar 1700. What a difference it makes! The install was pretty straightforward; I didn't have any problems with loose fit or making field adjustments.
Riding my bike with a backrest has made the miles much more comfortable than they had been, and that makes riding a lot more enjoyable.
Tonight I'm buying another one; this one for my son's Honda VTX.
i found the website and was able to quickly find my backrest. easy order and wicked fast shipping.
Easy to install.